- Silver Gifts
- Personalised Gifts
- Baby’s First Nursery
Throwing a baby’s first birthday party for twins?
If your twins are about to turn 1, then a party to celebrate this extremely busy first year is a must!
Believe it or not, there are some positives to gain from having to throw a first birthday party for twins, as opposed to throwing two separate parties for children of different ages. First of all, as they share a birthday, you’ll only have to send out one set of invitations, hire one venue, make one lot of food, hire one children’s entertainer etc. It’s about the only time where having twins is actually a cost-saver!
Themes for a 1st birthday party for twins
If you have identical twins with identical personalities (but who does?!) then you might only be interested in having 1 theme which both your girls or boys will love. But if you have twins of the opposite sex, or even of the same sex but with very different likes and dislikes, then you may want to find a theme which encompasses both your twins.
Here are some examples:
- Noah’s Ark (works well if you’re friends with any other twin sets through a twin support group, but if not then baby and parent can come as the same animal)
- Superheroes (each twin could be a different character)
- Ocean theme (choices could include octopus, fish, mermaids, pirates)
- Zoo (endless options including lions, tigers, giraffes, rhinos, pandas, elephants)
- Farm animals (cows, sheep, chickens
- Colours (if each twin has a favourite colour such as red and blue, then make it a red and blue themed party)
Invitations for a twins first birthday party
Again, a big plus point to only having one party to throw for your twins, is that you only need to send out one set of first birthday party invitations! You can have real fun with the wording on the invites if you’re designing them yourself. Here are some of our favourite twin phrases and rhymes to incorporate:
- Double Trouble
- Twice as Nice
- Twice as Fun
- Womb Mates
- Twinkle twinkle little star, oh how wonderful all twins are
- Twice the bundles and twice the love, two little 1 year olds, sent from above
- Two Peas in a Pod
Decorations and mementos for a 1st birthday party for twins
As with the theme selection for your twins, you should also try and encorporate a touch of individuality into the decorations for the party. We think printing poster size versions of your favourite photos of the twins and decorating walls and doors with them is a lovely idea that will have all your guests fawning over them. Another idea is to have a scrapbook for each twin go around the room and get your adult guests to write a message to each twin in their respective books.
First Birthday Cakes for Twins
Finally, you have a decision to make when it comes to the cake – what is the best first birthday cake for twins? Well, you have several options here; you can either choose:
- One birthday cake that has both their names written on it and incorporates a theme that they both love
- A birthday cake for each twin so they both have a candle to blow out
- Birthday cupcakes – perhaps in two different flavours.